Interlibrary Loan Policy
Download a copy of this policy by clicking here.
The Pasadena Public Library will obtain materials not currently in the library’s collection for patrons according to the procedures established by the library administration.
Interlibrary Loan Procedures
• To be eligible for Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service the patron’s account must have been established for at least three (3) months and have no overdue items or outstanding fines.
• The library will process not more than five (5) concurrent requests per patron.
• The patron will be responsible for any fees assessed by the lending library and all costs beyond normal postage fees.
• The library will not process requests for material that has been published within the previous six (6) months and/or has a list price less than or equal to $10.00.
• Requests to renew ILL items must be made at least three (3) business days prior to the item’s due date.
• The patron will be charged a minimum fee of $50.00 for lost or damaged items.
Questions concerning ILLs should be directed to the reference department at the Main library 713-477-0276 ext. 4120.
Limits for Lending Materials to Other Libraries
1. We will charge a fee of $5.00 to cover the cost of postage.
2. Limit of 5 items checkout for individual borrowing libraries at any given time
3. Pasadena Public Library will not lend:
• Out of Print Items & Rare Books
• Reference Materials
• Items published in the last 12 months
• Art Prints
• Audiovisual Materials
• Items that cost less than $10.00 and more than $100