The Mission of the Pasadena Public Library System is to provide exemplary services with access to resources that meet the information, recreation and educational needs of our community.
“An Exceptional Library Experience for All!”
The Pasadena Public Library System believes in and is committed to the following values:
- Excellent Customer Services.
- Equitable and accessible facilities, resources and services.
- Quality collections responsive to community needs.
- Diversity in collections and services.
- Lifelong learning opportunities for people of all ages.
- Partnerships with other service providers and organizations to extend our library services.
- A safe and secure work environment
- An organizational climate that promote staff development and teamwork.
1201 Jeff Ginn Memorial Drive
Pasadena, Texas 77506
Hours of operation:
Monday: 10-6 p.m.
Tuesday: 10-9 p.m.
Wednesday: 10-6 p.m.
Thursday: 10-9 p.m.
Friday: 10-6 p.m.
Saturday: 10-6 p.m.
4330 Fairmont Parkway
Pasadena, Texas 77504
Hours of Operation:
Monday & Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Pasadena Public Library System has been serving customers for more than 85 years.
The Library System has changed a lot since April of 1922 when a “library station,” opened at the Pasadena High School as part of an initiative by Attorney Arthur E. Dawes to provide books to the rural communities surrounding the City of Houston, Texas.
Today, the Pasadena Public Library Systems serves a community of over 145,000 at two locations. In addition to providing books, the library provides DVDs, Music CDs, Audio Books, e-books and audio and video downloads. The Business Center offers classes to the public on topics such as creating resumes and on MS Word and Excel. Programs for all ages promote reading, education, entertainment and life-long learning opportunities. For a detailed history of the Pasadena Public Library System, click here.Return to top of page